U.S. Ballistic Missile Defense: An Overview of Current and Future Ballistic Missile Defense Capabilities is a comprehensive guide that will help you better understand ballistic missile defense. This publication includes an introduction by former Missile Defense Agency Deputy Director Brigadier General (ret) Kenneth Todorov and provides a brief history of U.S. ballistic missile defense efforts.
The overview is divided into five sections:
- Section One covers the ballistic missile threat and outlines the North Korean and Iranian ballistic missile threat.
- Section Two provides a detailed profile of U.S. intercept systems including Aegis ships, the Ground-based Midcourse Defense system, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System, Patriot and more.
- Section Three provides detailed profiles of U.S. sensor systems including the AN/SPY-1 radar, AN/TPY-2 radar, Sea-Based X-Band Radar, Space Tracking and Surveillance System and more.
- Section Four Outlines International Cooperation efforts providing details on how international allies cooperate with the United States on missile defense.
- Section Five discusses future threats and the missile defense capabilities being developed to counter them.
Click here to download the complete PDFMDAA U.S. Ballistic Missile Defense Overview