MDAA U.S. Ballistic Missile Defense Overview
U.S. Ballistic Missile Defense: An Overview of Current and Future Ballistic Missile Defense Capabilities is a comprehensive guide that will help you better understand ballistic missile defense. This publication includes an introduction by former Missile Defense Agency Deputy Director Brigadier General (ret) Kenneth Todorov and provides a brief history of U.S. ballistic missile defense efforts.
The overview is divided into five sections:
- Section One covers the ballistic missile threat and outlines the North Korean and Iranian ballistic missile threat.
- Section Two provides a detailed profile of U.S. intercept systems including Aegis ships, the Ground-based Midcourse Defense system, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System, Patriot and more.
- Section Three provides detailed profiles of U.S. sensor systems including the AN/SPY-1 radar, AN/TPY-2 radar, Sea-Based X-Band Radar, Space Tracking and Surveillance System and more.
- Section Four Outlines International Cooperation efforts providing details on how international allies cooperate with the United States on missile defense.
- Section Five discusses future threats and the missile defense capabilities being developed to counter them.
Click here to download the complete PDFMDAA U.S. Ballistic Missile Defense Overview
- Alerts Archive
- Volume 1: 2003
- Boost-Phase Technology Has Great Potential
- Senator Lieberman Understands
- Iran is Building Up its Nuclear Arsenal
- Missile Defense – A Public Safety Issue for Japan
- Nevada Testimonials in Support of Senate Joint Resolution 7
- North Korea Threats
- When Regimes Change, Weapons Remain
- The Enemies of Freedom Are Not Idle
- We’ve Got Nukes. We Can’t Dismantle Them.
- A System That Does Not Kill People
- The Grimmest Day This Nation Has Ever Seen
- Last Week, Congress Discussed Missile Defense in Hearings
- Volume 1: 2003
- MDAA U.S. Ballistic Missile Defense Overview
- MDAA System/Issue Briefs
- System Brief #1: Ground Based Midcourse System
- System Brief #2: U.S. Missile Defense Sensors
- System Brief #3: Future Ballistic Missile Defense Systems
- Issue Brief: Effect of Budget Uncertainty on Missile Defense Programs
- Issue Brief: Addressing the Air and Ballistic Missile Threat to Europe
- MDAA Country Briefs
- Japan: Priorities for Missile Defense Development and U.S. Partnership
- Europe: Missile Defense in an Evolving Threat Environment
- GCC Missile Defense: A Threat Driven Imperative
- The Chinese Missile Threat: A Rising Tide in the Pacific
- The North Korean Missile Threat: The Hermit Kingdom’s Open Ambition (February 2016)
- The North Korean Missile Threat (December 2017)
- 3D Panoramas
- Additional Resources