As we have compassion for all those families that lost lives and as we remember and honor those who sacrificed 22 years ago on this day, we place accountability and mandate never to allow this to happen again.
We recognize that this horrific event 22 years ago caused significant change in the defense of our nation and our homeland. From this devastating effect, our nation with urgency put in place:
- 360 degrees Cruise Missile Defense of the National Capital Region
- The Ground Based Missile Defense System with 44 interceptors, multiple radars, with command and control to defend the entire 50 states from a limited ballistic missile strike
- A new Combatant Command was created – NORTHCOM
- The creation of the Missile Defense Agency
- The 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty was withdrawn from to enable the United States to defend itself
And in 2002 we created the Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance to advocate for all those critical defense measures our nation put in place.
Gods blessings and grace upon all those families who lost lives.