Pompeo Meeting With North Korean Diplomat PostponedNovember 7, 2018
The New York Times:
HONG KONG — A meeting in New York this week between Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and North Korea’s leading nuclear weapons negotiator has been called off, the State Department said Wednesday.
The meeting, which had been scheduled for Thursday, “will now take place at a later date,” Heather Nauert, a State Department spokeswoman, said in a written statement. “We will reconvene when our respective schedules permit.”
No reason was given for the decision, and the statement did not indicate which side requested it. The postponement of the meeting threw another wrench in Washington’s efforts to get North Korea to denuclearize.