Missile Defender of the Year Award Ceremonies
U.S. Missile Defender of the Year Award Ceremonies
The Missile Defender of the Year is awarded to the best U.S. missile defense Solider, Sailor, Airmen and National Guardsmen for the year
Regional Defenders of the Year
NORAD & USNORTHCOM Missile Warning and Defender of the Year
The award ceremony honors the best excellence of leadership within NORAD and USNORTHCOM, both military and civilian, for missile warning and missile defense.
Peninsula Defenders of the Year
Bringing together the Republic of Korea (R.O.K.) and the United States (U.S.) to honor and recognize each country’s best missile defense crews
Alaska Missile Defender of the Year
Honoring those members of the Alaska Army and Air National Guard who operate the U.S. Ground Based Midcourse System.
European Missile Defender of the Year
The award is given to North Atlantic Treaty Organization service members that have made significant contributions to missile defense over the past year. The six selected individuals come from four NATO countries and represent the best in leadership and personal effort, demonstrating their commitment to excellence and their critical role in missile defense in the protection of Europe.
United Arab Emirates Air and Missile Defender of the Year
The event recognized the excellence of the air and missile defenders protecting the United Arab Emirates, and the outstanding team effort between the two nations. This effort spans the reach of the UAE and U.S. military services on land, sea and air, right down to the leadership and the individual airmen, soldiers and sailors who defend the United Arab Emirates.
Okinawa Missile Defender of the Year
Honoring missile defense forces from Japan and the United States of America at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa.
Pacific Theater Air and Missile Defender of the Year
This award honors the best U.S. war fighters contributing to the integrated air and missile defense network throughout the Pacific theater.
Japan Missile Defender of the Year
The award is given to members of the missile defense community in Japan, which consists of Japan’s Air Force and four participating U.S. military services.
Guam Missile Defender of the Year
This award recognizes the missile defenders located in the American territory of Guam, where the U.S. Army’s Task Force Talon of the 94th AAMDC deploys the world’s only active THAAD battery site.
- Cooperating with Japan on Missile Defense
- Congressional Roundtable Discussion Series
- Addressing the Air and Ballistic Missile Threat to Europe
- Developing a Space-Based Sensor Layer for Missile Defense
- MDAA Congressional Roundtable: Future BMD Systems
- MDAA Congressional Roundtable: Missile Defense in the Pacific
- The Navy’s Contribution to Ballistic Missile Defense
- Congressional Roundtable Discussion: Addressing the North Korean Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States
- Reception Events
- Anniversary of President Ronald Reagan’s Strategic Defense Initiative Speech
- Arizona Breakfast of Champions
- Ballistic Missile Defense Breakfast of Champions in Pascagoula, Mississippi
- Huntsville Breakfast of Champions
- New Jersey Reception of Champions in Camden, New Jersey
- Recognition of the Tenth Anniversary of the Operational Aegis BMD System
- Missile Defender of the Year Award Ceremonies
- Write Your Representative
- Admiral Wayne E. Meyer 1926-2009
- Bill Walsh 1931-2007
- Chris Taylor 1949-2011
- Dr. Julian Davidson 1927-2013
- Dr. William Van Cleave 1935-2013
- Lt. Gen. Larry J. Dodgen 1949-2010
- Major General John G. Rossi 1961-2016
- Mrs. Nancy Reagan
- Neil Armstrong 1930-2012
- Petty Officer 2nd Class Mark A. Mayo 1989-2014
- Senator Theodore Stevens 1923-2010
- Missile Defense Review